Thursday, February 16, 2017

T'Challa & Danny!!


I was nudged to give T'Challa another try a couple nights back and here's what I came up with. Not bad, I think I'll try a Shuri next...

My favorite superhero book of this past year "Power Man & Iron Fist" was cancelled this past week with just 2 issues to go. I guess this was bound to be a short series from the start and the collections will always be out there for readers to discover, but this was the first Marvel book I'd read throughout its year and a half of issues and I'll miss its regular dose of witty humor and visual funk. I have no doubts it'll go out in style with #15 and I'm excited to see where artist Sanford Greene lands next since he's not the artist on writer David Walker's "Luke Cage" ongoing.

And in other news of this classic duo of dudes, the "Iron Fist" TV show trailer looked fine. I never love these trailers, but usually enjoy the shows to varying degrees with "Daredevil" being the best plotted and most consistent series thus far. We'll see what happens. The show certainly has an angry mob on the internet who don't understand the what and why of the character rooting for its failure. My favorite info so far is that Colleen Wing made it into the main cast.

Spinner-Rack #1 Comic Book (80 Pages / Black & White) available On Etsy, Zanadu Comics, Arcane Comics, & at the Fantagraphics Store & Gallery









No comments: