Monday, December 12, 2016

Nova (Richard Rider)

I just read the first issue of Ramon Perez's new "Nova" series and seeing Richard Rider back for the first time since the end of the Abnett/Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy run (the movie run) was a resurrection I didn't know I'd be so intrigued byCasting Richard into the mentor role for young Nova (Sam Alexander) has a lot of story potential, I just hope the book is allowed to have its voice through whatever event cycle is running when the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie hits.   

The new "Nova" #1 may also be the finest placement of Ramon Perez's talents on a Marvel book since his "John Carter" mini-series and I love that he kept Richard's "Annihilation" era armor design alive (Perez reference below).

Spinner-Rack #1 available On Etsy, Zanadu Comics, Arcane Comics, & at the Fantagraphics Store & Gallery

 



No comments: