Friday, December 2, 2016

Green Goblin

I just watched the original "Spider-Man" (2002) for the first time since at least 2005 and not only does it hold up, it's gotten better with age!  Whatever hangups I had about The Goblin's lack of a plan and the messy final act were overshadowed by brilliant performances from actors I've only grown to love more over the years, a script and pacing that moves without sacrificing character development, and its solid themes of friendship and forgiveness being set in place for the rest of the Raimi series.  I had forgotten how genuinely funny, kind-hearted, and electrifying it was.   But hey, this was my equivalent of other folks my age's "Star Wars : Episode I" experience and I just happened to get lucky that the movie I'd waited my entire childhood and teenage years to become a reality actually lived up to my expectations and still does...


No comments: